In an effort to help the environment, the FCA has been posting class notes from Conventions whenever possible. These notes are available via a password given in the class and will be available on the site on the day of the class until the week of the following convention (around two months). Contact us if you were in the class and have lost the password. If you do not see a class below, the notes were likely given out in class and are not a part of the notes available online.
If Posture is your brand, you know inspecting a posture photo shows an objective, bio-mechanical picture of the patient. Attendees learn a logical framework to document baseline posture, chart changes and correlate functional asymmetry with other findings to document the link between progressive active care and improvements in functional ability. Posture assessment exam findings fill requirements of both the Medicare P.A.R.T. models as well as the required 12 points necessary to document 99203 level evaluations.
• Learn to assess posture by bio-mechanic zones
• Document observed structural asymmetry with functional asymmetry
The immune system and respiratory system are our defense against disease. There many different parts needed to work in balance and harmony to protect our bodies from harmful germs and viruses; in essence to attack and destroy any they find. This session will provide the clinician with an overview of essential immune and respiratory anatomy and physiology. The review will enable the clinician to put together a nutritional support program to support healthy immune and respiratory functioning.
• Understand the immune and respiratory anatomy
• Learn to put together a nutritional support program to support healthy immune and respiratory functioning
Just how do ethics apply to my practice? Understanding the concepts of ethics is important. Applying those concepts to real life is the next step. Join Mollie Frawley in exploring the etiology of ethical dilemmas, ways to reduce their occurrence, how to recognize when they exist and what elements to consider to resolve them.
At the end of this course the attendee will be able to:
• Discuss common factors leading up to a dilemma
• Compare available options and methods to avoid or diffuse them
Learn to clinically incorporate posture and help patients experience functional improvement with posture rehab exercise. The StrongPosture™ Balance, Alignment and Motion (B.A.M) exercises protocols are progressive and ability based for building individualized daily Posture Exercise programs.
Patients come in with pain–and all too often, once the pain is gone, so are they. Learn to empower patients to be posture-aware with a simple photo and then retrain motion with low-tech StrongPosture™ exercises to help people move pain free, perform and increasingly value chiropractic to move well.
• Recognize postural weakness
• Communicate using Posture Principle biomechanic concepts
This is a comprehensive class for doctors on Documentation, Coding and Compliance. It is a detailed review of what is needed in each step of the patient process. This is a minimum 6 hour class. This information is presented in an effective manner to encourage compliance and not to dis-encourage the process of improving ones office. This is a high quality program for your DC’s!
• Legal responsibilities for treating various patient types
To provide the clinician with a review of fundamental physiology and anatomy of the digestive system. A well-functioning digestive system is the cornerstone of good health. The digestive system is a portal for nutrients from the environment to gain access to the circulatory system. Before such transfer can occur, foodstuffs first have to be reduced to very simple molecules by a combination of mechanical and enzymatic degradation. The resulting sugars, amino acids, fatty acids and the like are then transported across the epithelium lining to the intestine into blood
• Learn the fundamental physiology and anatomy of the digestive system
• Understand the importance of a well-functioning digestive system
This 4-hour presentation covers basic biomechanics, neurology, examination procedures, indicators, and adjusting protocols for the most common subluxation patterns of the feet that are found in the typical practice. The concept of “The Noisy Joint” will be covered in detail.
This course is a "hands-on" workshop designed after the principles of DELIBERATE PRACTICE. The doctor/student will quickly acquire adjusting skills for the most commonly encountered extremity conditions. Also covered in this course are simple stabilization and rehabilitative procedures for the lower extremity.
• APPLY the concept of “The Noisy Joint” to the doctor’s adjusting protocols.
• PRACTICE the seven adjustments in the pronation protocol.
• Be able to MANAGE the patient with foot pronation.
The chiropractic profession is uniquely positioned to embrace the art and science of hypnosis as an effective “top down” adjunct to the physical clinical practice experience. As the premier national professional credentialing organization in this field, The American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH) offers membership and training to a diverse group of licensed health care providers including medical, mental health, dental and chiropractic physicians. Conspicuous hypnosis protocol applications for DC’s include: rapid inductions to facilitate manipulation, pain management for acute, procedural and chronic conditions and enhanced sports performance programs. In the realm of mind and body integration, hypnosis is increasingly recognized as treatment of choice for neuro-endocrine & immune system dys-regulation resulting from stress related disorders, which invariably present with a component of somatic dysfunction to the chiropractic office. In this session, the concept of a synergistic bottom-up / top down chiropractic treatment model will be presented in the context of referenced hypnotic "state change" neuroscience, as well as information pertinent to ASCH training and certifications.
Participants will be able to differentiate between bottom up and top down treatment modalities.
• Participants will be able to assess the benefits of incorporating hypnosis as an adjunctive tool set into chiropractic practice based on the current scientific research for state change applications.
• Participants will be able to construct a succinct clinical path to obtain professional credentials through ASCH, which may proceed to include training in areas of interest for individual practice styles.
This one hour course will give you an overview of the legal pitfalls and challenges involved in forming and (to some extent) operating a practice that provides the services of both chiropractors and M.D.s/D.O.s. Participants can expect to come away with an understanding of the major legal influences and instruction about how to reduce legal risk.
• Educate doctors about the legal issues involved in forming and operating “integrated practices” of M.D.s and D.Cs
• Provide guidance about how to properly compensate physicians in “integrated practices”
• Provide guidance about how to construct an integrated practice in a way that meets the requirements of federal and state law.
Depression is the leading non-fatal disease burden in the world. One in ten U.S. adults report being depressed. Current treatment strategies are lacking in effectiveness. Only 30% of patients achieve remission with first line therapies. The serotonin hypothesis has been the dominant theory for depression but recent research points to other mechanisms that may play a role. In particular, inflammation is now being seen as a possible cause of depression. In this session, attendees will learn the role inflammation plays in depression and leading edge, novel interventions in primary care, including highly effective clinical nutrition protocols.
• Discuss depression symptoms and presentation
• Describe serotonin hypothesis and its relationship with inflammation
• Identify effective, alternative primary care therapeutic options for depressed patients that reduce inflammation, improve symptoms and enhance quality of life